Wednesday, April 18, 2007

How I Spent My Easter Vacation



My husband, our youngest son and I went to Texas and New Mexico for a week and a half over Easter. One of the highlights was a visit to Hill Country Weavers in Austin, Texas. Yes, I managed to convey utter knitter nerdness by taking photos of the store and the sign. The friend I was visiting kindly drove my husband and son home and went shopping elsewhere so I could touch and admire all the yarn. Despite the "Weaver" in the title this store is a knitter's heaven. The converted house has numerous rooms and is filled with many varieties of yarn and more books than I've ever seen in one yarn store before (and I've visited plenty). They had many popular yarns one doesn't find in our warm climate since south-central Texas gets cold(er) in the winter. I bought myself some lovely wool/mohair, a few sets of needles, some silk laceweight for a shawl and even a gift for a friend. Details will have to wait for another post.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mathomhouse said...

Every so often I indulge myself in "fantasy yarn shop" daydreams, and MY shop is always in a converted Victorian house or bungalow!

Glad you had a good time -- now show us what you bought, please!

4/22/2007 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home