Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Change from Mittens

It can't be all mittens all the time so I made a scarf, which you can see here lounging among the peach blossoms in January. That peach tree produces terrible fruit but always bursts forth in beautiful flowers just after Christmas to brighten the new year.

Details
Yarn: 3 50 g. balls of Cascade Bollicine Maxi, which seems to be discontinued because I couldn't find it on the Cascade site with other Bollicine yarns.
Needles: Clover Bamboo 5.0 mm. (US 8) circs.
Pattern: my own using Mistake Rib on 31 stitches with an extra stitch cast on for a slipped stitch border for a total of 32 stitches.
Size: 5" by 54.5" after machine washing and machine drying.
Begun: 12/27/07
Completed: 1/30/08
Notes: I like the brioche scarf pattern better because it has more depth. I made this so narrow because I bought the last three balls available in this color and wanted it to be long enough. Made for Native American Support.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Beautiful!!!
~SBZ

7/23/2008 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home