Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another Tam

This was a project from a Sand and Sea Knitting Guild Tam Workshop. Although I had already made a tam, I wanted to participate with the other members of the guild. I learned how to do a tubular cast on, which is not difficult at all but probably easier to learn when someone shows you rather than when reading directions. I still need to add some rainbow elastic because the ribbing is a bit loose.

Details:

Pattern: Leaflet distributed in class. I chose the zig zag bind off option.
Yarn: Tahki Donegal Tweed in color 839, Dark Khaki, 73.4 g. The actual color has more green than is apparent in the photo.
Needles: Inox 16" U.S. 5 for the brim and Addi Turbo 16" U.S. 7 for the top. Also U.S. 7 dpns for the final decreases.
Size: 11.75" in diameter, to fit an adult.
Begun: 6/14/08
Completed: 7/12/08
Notes: I wish I looked better in this style of hat because they are fun to make and the fair isle designs are gorgeous.
ETA: I added some rainbow elastic I bought at A Mano Yarn Center (see sidebar) and gave this to my daughter, who says she wears it constantly.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

The tam looks great. LOVE that Donegal Tweed.

Sorry to have missed the last few Fairview SnBs....will see you next month!

7/17/2008 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home