Thursday, June 12, 2008

Waving Lace















Evelyn Clark's Waving Lace Socks from Interweave Knits, Spring 2004. The pattern has been reissued in Favorite Socks. The color is more accurate in the full sized picture but the heel photo shows the details nicely. This was fun to knit because the pattern could be memorized so I wasn't chained to the chart but it had enough detail to keep my interest.

I used cotton yarn but the lack of memory even with the partial wool content created fit problems. I solved these by going down to a size 00 needle (and trying not to impale myself or anyone else) for the ankle, the heel and the instep. When I reached the widest part of the foot I reverted to a size 0 needle and returned again to the 00 needles for the toes. I adjusted the decreases to match my wide toe box.














Details
Pattern:
Waving Lace Socks by Evelyn Clark
Yarn:Schachenmayr nomotta Regia Cotton in color 54, a denim blue. I used 93.5 grams of a 100 gram ball and felt as though I were running on fumes at the end.
Size: To fit my size 9 foot.
Needles: Crystal Palace 2.0 mm (US 0) for the leg until the ankle and the foot between the instep and the toe. Susan Bates US size 00 for the ankle, heel, instep and toe.
Dates: 4/3/07 - 5/2/08
Modifications: A slipped stitch instep and the needle and toe revisions described above.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Ooooo...pretty. They look very sophisticated in this color.

Imagine how they would look in white or a wheat color?!

6/12/2008 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home