Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Brioche Again

I finished another brioche stitch scarf. To me it is the perfect scarf pattern stitch because it involves fast thoughtless knitting (the kind you can do without looking) and creates a reversible fabric. I made it out of 100% merino frogged from a Ralph Lauren thrift store sweater that cost all of $4.99 plus tax.

Yarn: see above, I have no idea about the yardage; I used 276.8 grams
Pattern: LTCO 26 stitches, do 7 rows garter stitch for a total of 8 ridges on each side, change to brioche stitch and knit until it is long enough, change back to garter stitch for 7 rows and bind off while knitting.
Needles: Addi Turbo's size 5.0 mm (US 8) 16"
Finished dimensions: 81" by 7"
Begun: Oct. 9, 2006
Completed: March 8, 2008

Now my son tells me it is too long and I'll have to frog some of it.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger smariek said...

That is way too cool, frogging a store bought sweater to reuse the yarn.

4/23/2008 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home