Thursday, July 24, 2008

Caught Red Handed

The pattern for these mittens is from the Jan/Feb 2006 issue of Piecework, a magazine published by the same company that brings you Interweave Knits. Piecework contains articles and projects for all types of handwork, mostly needlework, but a few esoteric kinds as well. I read my first issue two years after it began to be published and immediately bought up all the back issues. I've continually subscribed ever since. You can see my rather beat up working copy of the pattern under the mittens.




The knitted mittens are finished off with a crocheted border that shows up the best in this outdoor shot. The color is more accurate in the other two photos.
Details:
Pattern: Cable Mittens from Piecework Jan/Feb 2006
Yarn: fingering weight lambswool recycled from a J. Crew sweater (the pattern called for worsted weight)
Needles: Inox 2.5 mm. (U. S. size 1 1/2) dpns; small crochet hook
Size: Child's large
Begun: 1/06
Completed: 4/30/07
Notes: My favorite recycled yarn comes from J. Crew lambswool sweaters. I'll definitely make these again, probably in other weights of yarn. My daughter loves them so I gave them to her.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home