Friday, September 26, 2008

My First Noro

This is another project that sat in a WIP bag for a long time. Now it is finished well before our "cold" weather arrives. I made this for myself.

The photo below shows the entire scarf but the color is washed out. The grass is actually green.


This inside shot shows the colors more accurately:


Details:
Pattern: Noro Scarf designed by Jared Flood.
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden in color 225, 4 skeins.
Needles: Addi Turbo 16"circulars in US size 7, 4.5 mm.
Size: 6.5" by 75"
Begun:
June 4, 2007
Completed: September 23, 2008
Notes: This took so long to finish because I had to do the end of the scarf three times and once I hit a snag on a project it rests semi-permanently in the "fix it" pile. Unlike Jared, I used the same yarn throughout and at the end two of the colors coincided, thereby destroying the striped effect. I tried reversing the order of one but that merely created coinciding colors in another location. I finally removed some of the offending yarn. The scarf is plenty long nonetheless.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

The scarf looks great. I always like knitting with Noro colors. I love seeing how the different colors come up as a surprise while knitting.

See you at Fairview on Saturday!

9/26/2008 11:59 AM  
Blogger CatBookMom said...

Pretty, pretty! The colors worked out so well, and just cutting out part of the skein was very successful. You've described how many of my WIPs become long-term UFOs, too.

9/29/2008 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home